Victoria Statewide lockdown from 1pm on 21 August 2021
Unfortunately due to the state-wide lockdown, Mafeking Rover Park is currently closed until further notice.
The following applies to Mafeking Rover Park:
- No day visitors may enter the park until further notice
- Any Hirers with bookings due to begin during the lockdown period will be contacted to rearrange
These directions are enforceable by Victoria Police. Please do the right thing.
The health, safety and enjoyment of our guests, staff and the wider community is our highest priority.
Our management group has developed a ‘COVIDSafe Plan’ for Mafeking Rover Park, which forms the basis of the measures we have implemented. We are ensuring every day that we meet government regulations and apply best practice procedures for the accommodation industry in managing the risks of COVID-19.
We are endeavouring to keep up with all government advice and requirements, and we will provide updates as things change.
We encourage you to check this page prior to arrival to ensure you are aware of all current changes.
Mafeking Rover Park – COVIDSafe Plan
The Mafeking Rover Park COVIDSafe Plan can be found here.
Actions we are taking to reduce the risk of COVID19
- Publication of our Campsite COVIDSafe Plan to Hirers
- Rangers are completing two disinfections per day of indoor/shared spaces
- Hand Sanitizer/Hand washing facilities provided in Buildings
- Mafeking Rover Park uses the Services Victoria QR code Check-in system
- Signage and distance markers to facilitate adherence to physical distancing and capacity requirements
- Contact tracing procedures for all hirers, staff, visitors and contractors
- Limiting booking sizes to:
- Public Bookings (Family and/or Friends): Limited to the number of people allowed in an indoor private gathering setting.
- Community/Non-Scouting Bookings: 50 attendees
- Scouting Bookings: 300 attendees, camping in multiples of up to 50
Important information for Hirers
Everyone that attends Mafeking Rover Park must agree to and acknowledge the follow:
- Hirers must provide Mafeking Rover Park Management Group:
- a list of overnight campers for Contact Tracing, or, all overnight campers must check in using the Mafeking Rover Park QR Codes
- Copy of their activities COVIDSafe Plans
- No one should attend the campsite if they are unwell or if they have symptoms for COVID-19. Should remain home, isolate and get tested.
- All attendees, visitors, staff and contractors over the age of 12 must wear a face mask at all times when outside your tent, cabin, or swag
- Members of different house-holds must not share accommodation. (1 house-hold per Tent, cabin or swag)
- All day visitors, staff and contractors must complete a Mafeking Rover Park QR code check-in for the duration of their stay. QR code posts can be found at each building.
- Attendees, visitors, staff and contractors must provide their own hand sanitizer for use within their accommodation or when undertaking activities
Further advise, recommendations and safe practices to ensure everyone has a safe visit to Mafeking:
- All visitors are encouraged to download the COVIDSafe app
- Include a UHF Radio on your packing list, Mafeking Rangers can be contacted via UHF Channel 14 to reduce the need for Face-to-Face conversations
- Children are the responsibility of the Leader and Leader in charge, including the adherence to government mandated regulations
To help hirers plan for their booking at Mafeking Rover Park, we will be publishing our capacity limits for buildings onto this page. Below is the table showing our buildings, floor area and capacities at different settings.
|Room||Floor Area||1 per 4qm||1 per 2sqm|
|HG Hall – Main Room||207m2||51 people||103 people|
|HG Hall – Office||22m2||5 people||11 people|
|HG Hall – General Store||21m2||5 people||10 people|
|HG Hall – Kitchen||45m2||11 people||22 people|
|HG Hall – Storeroom||17m2||4 people||8 people|
|Activities Shed||84m2||21 people||42 people|
Bunkhouses are limited to 1 house hold per cabin. Each cabins can hold up to 8 people per household.
For Scout Groups/Hirers, you can check the Scouts Victoria COVID-19 page for more resources for planning including sample COVIDSafe Plans for outdoor activities.
Frequently asked questions
Check back here soon