Wanting to provide some service to Mafeking Rover Park, we are always welcoming a hand. Mafeking Rover Park is flexible with everyone’s commitments.
Executive, Patrol Leaders and Assistant Patrol Leaders
Our core Management Group is made up of our Executive, Patrol Leaders and Assistant Patrol Leaders and these roles are elected positions voted at our Annual General Meeting. The Mafeking AGM is held on the 1st Monday of August each year.
Mafeking has current vacancies for:
Patrol Leader – Administration
The Mafeking Rover Park Management Group seeks a Rover to join the committee to fulfil the role of Patrol Leader – Administration, this role is open to all Rovers currently registered within Victoria who have an interest in fulfilling the role.
The Patrol Leader – Administration oversees a patrol of people who’s responsible for Marketing and managing hire enquiries for the Park, controls the Park Calendar, responsible for invoicing all hirers and other Administrative tasks associated with Mafeking. The objectives of the Administration patrol are:
- Oversees management of hirer enquiries, park calendar and invoicing of hirers
- Market both within the Scouting Community and members of the Public
- Maintain a list of vendors that can be supplied to Hirers to assist with the running of their events
- Coordinate high energy events for members of Rovers and Scouting
Assistant Patrol Leader – Planning
The Mafeking Rover Park Management Group seeks a Rover to join the team to fulfil the role of Assistant Patrol Leader – Planning, this role is open to all Rovers currently registered within Victoria who have an interest in fulfilling the role.
The Assistant Patrol Leader – Planning assists the Patrol Leader to oversee people who are responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the park and infrastructure. The Objectives of the Planning patrol are:
- Build a strong long-term future for Mafeking Rover Park
- Build solid Scouting orientated activity programs for users of the park
- Exposure to a diverse range of flora and fauna with over 300 acres
- Help build the activities and infrastructure for the future growth of the Park
- Secure additional funding for projects and operations through Grants
Patrol Members and Supporters
Like most areas of Scouting, Mafeking’s Management Group operates with a patrol structure covering four major areas. The patrols are:
You can use the form below to register your interest so we can get in contact with you.